how it works
Anyone from anywhere in any language can submit an idea. It only takes a minute. You can submit more than one idea.
- Ideas can be submitted from May 3, 2021 to July 26, 2021
- August 3, 2021 the 100 finalists are announced.
- $1,000 is awarded to each of the 100 to prepare for Demo Day.
- Demo Day takes place October 2 (rain date October 3)
- $20,000 is awarded to the winners of Demo Day.
2019 Demo Day Winners
Sympl. - Matthew Eleweke
Lawnbot - Kendall Hines
Polished Crown - Hailey Smith
Wearology - Gina Adams
Wormies - Luis Chen
Anvil - William Thatcher
Fourtifeye - Andrea Wallace
GRNoir - Nadia & Shatawn Brigham
CurlCase ® by Wear Your Curls - Felisha Rodriguez
U.F.O. - Jovan Naves
The Diatribe Theater - Marcel Price
In 2020, Start Garden pivoted The 100 in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, which hit entrepreneurs and small businesses especially hard. Our goal was to relieve as many entrepreneurs as possible of the burden to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table, while they navigated this unprecedented time.
In just 100 hours:
- 430 applications were submitted
- Funding requests totaled more than $5,500,000
- 68 recipients were selected for the funds
Through The 100 Comeback Fund, we were able to award more than $300,000 to 68 entrepreneurs experiencing financial strain. See a list of recipients here. (we can just have that link to the 2020 page instead of listing out the recipients there)
- Launch Day- May 3, 2021
- Submissions Close- July 26, 2021
- SG 100 Winner Announcement – August 3, 2021
- SG 100 Check Pick-up – August 4, 2021
- SG 100 Check In (Product/Retail)- August 24, 2021
- SG 100 Check In (Food/Service)- August 25, 2021
- SG 100 Check In (Tech/Social Impact)- August 26, 2021
- SG 100 Check In (Product/Retail)- September 22, 2021
- SG 100 Check In (Food/Service)- September 23, 2021
- SG 100 Check In (Tech/Social Impact)- September 24, 2021
- Demo Day- October 2, 2021 or (If it rains) October 3, 2021